Thursday, February 2, 2012

One week until BBB-Day!

                                                 Last Dr's appointment before the big day!




This Dr's appointment was very...interesting. The Dr. was 45 mins behind but that was ok because my NST was not for another almost two hours so I had plenty of time. Finally, we were brought back and they did the ultrasound first. When they do an estimate for weight the ultrasound program automatically takes all the measurements they took and throws together an "estimated" weight. That is of course assuming your baby is proportional in size. Our baby, because of his head size, is not. So our estimated weight was 14 lbs (my mouth dropped) and I said this baby isn't ending up on Yahoo! The Dr. said most of that is due to head, but he is a big boy. They are saying he will be 10-ish lbs. His femur is long which means he will probably be tall too! The fluid in his head has increased 3 cm in diameter in the past few weeks. So, a healthy baby's head is usually about 10 cm, but our baby's will probably be 14-15 cm.  We are trying to mentally prepare ourselves for what his head may look like. Everything else pretty much looked the same. His kidneys still have some fluid but it has not changed. All in all it went pretty well. We feel pretty prepared and slightly scared to meet our precious little boy. 

Last Friday I did go into the hospital for extreme back pain with what I believed to be kidney pain. Spent the whole day there getting tests and an ultrasound and they didn't find anything. So they sent me home with some pain reliever and a muscle relaxer. It seemed to help a lot. Just knocked me out pretty bad. I did a lot of sleeping. All through this though, baby boy was doing great and we love hearing his heartbeat. 

This next week is going to be filled with lots of cleaning and last minute organizing. Lilly asks me everyday "how many more days till baby boy gets here"? We are so excited for the girls to meet their little brother. 


                     Psalms 139:13-18
 13 For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
   your works are wonderful, 
   I know that full well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you 
   when I was made in the secret place, 
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
   before one of them came to be. 
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! 
   How vast is the sum of them! 
18 Were I to count them, 
   they would outnumber the grains of sand— 
   when I awake, I am still with you.



       The Angers 

1 comment:

  1. Love the new picture of you guys! That turned out great! We are praying!

    ReplyDelete